The plans are pretty stright forward, print, trace, cut, and build. I personally am using some extra styrene that was left over from my body skins.
So this is the rough shell that I formed based on the plans. I used Hot Glue as it can be trimmed later, and gave me a little time to actually get the pieces into place before setting up.
This side piece is not in the plans, but is easy enough to make by gluing some flat pieces to side of the box, and then layering smaller pieces so that you get the "gap effect" as seen in the pictures.
I still need to add pieces underneath to completely enclose the box.
I used drywall compound to fill in the minor gaps, and that will be sanded later.
As you can see from the picture it's still pink, that's good because it helps me see where I still need to fill.
Once I was done with the drywall compound I used masking tape along the entire frame of the radar eye to keep it in place and hold it's shape. I then used some of the "Great Stuff" expansion foam, that is used to fill cracks and gaps in foundations of houses, to fill the back and make it not only stronger, but one solid piece.
Once this dries overnight I will shave off the excess foam and then sand down what little drywall compound is left. Then it should be ready to paint.