Sunday, May 8, 2011

Clear Coat

Now is the easiest part of the work so far. Now is the time to clear coat your dome to protect it. I know what you're thinking, why clear coat it now, when I'll still have pieces to attach? You want to do this to protect it in the mean time. If you have other pieces already available, then by all means, attach them. I personally have to wait for a few more pieces in the mail, so I want to protect my paint until them come.
I used a Rustoleum Clear Coat Lacquer Spray Can for this. Make sure you spray it evenly around the entire dome.
I personally like this spray because it gave no drips, and I literally bathed this dome in the spray. Hold the can about 6 inches from the dome, shake the can while spraying, and move around. I know the can says hold 10-12 inches from the item, but not if you want it this shiny
I actually had to step back when I took the pictures because I was getting a big glare. I checked it about 4 hours later, and it was still brillantly glossy.

No comments:

Post a Comment